Welcome to Joe's Pond Vermont
If you have an ice out question, click here.
News Items Research contributor: N Thomas Brown
- New Report Finds That Maine Maritime Academy Is One Of The Best Values In Higher Education In U.S.
- Cows swept away by Hurricane Dorian found alive in North Carolina
- Nutrition and healthy eating
- 3 Dead In Australian Bushfires As Country Braces For Summer
- UMaine Unveils New Center To Study The Science Of Parenting
- Berkeley scientists develop better batteries for storing renewable energy
- Maine Utility Regulators Approve Tests For Floating Wind Turbine Project Off Coast
- China approves new drug to treat Alzheimer’s; clinical trials planned for 2020 in US
- UNH's Law School Faces 'Extreme Situation' When It Comes To Losses
- Seaweed could make cows burp less methane and cut their carbon hoofprint
This web site is privately owned and maintained for the convenience of Joe's Pond Association membership and the communities of Cabot, Danville, and Walden. The intent is to provide easy access to information about our immediate area and the region where we live. We try to present information to appeal to a variety of internet users such as potential renters or property seekers , historians, and vacationers. We also provide a space for local business people to showcase their products and services. Our Events Page includes not only the activities of the Joe's Pond Association, but also community activities. Not all the "local color" is in our autumn trees - you'll find a good deal of that in the "Local News Blog" where news items, photos and comments by local residents are posted on a daily basis, making it the most active page on the site. JPA is not responsible for appearance or content. Any questions should be directed here.
Iceout and Fireworks
Before you leave the site, be sure to visit the Ice-Out Contest Page. The Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest tickets are available from July until April, providing fun for thousands of people. Proceeds fund a huge free July Fireworks Display each year - an exciting event you won't want to miss. Check the Events Schedule for the exact date as it changes each year.