Welcome to Joe's Pond Vermont
Sunday, June 28 was supposed to be the first Sunfish Sailboat Race of the season, but it was rained out, and will be run on 7/5 at 1 pm. The race starts at 1pm. All sailors wishing to compete will need to fill in a registration form by contacting Susan Bouchard at 802-563-2716 or by Sending her an email or by Printing a registration form here. Also See and print the sailing rules page. Subsequent races are 7/26 (1 pm) with rain date 8/2 (1 pm), and 8/23 (1 pm) with rain date 8/30 (1 pm).
If you have an ice out question, click here.
Research contributor: N Thomas Brown
- Restoring Annie the Beetle for Her Owner of 50 Years and Counting
- Scientists Urge WHO To Update Guidance On Airborne Transmission Of The Coronavirus
- Dropping Immunization Numbers
- Blue Crab Stocks Healthy in Chesapeake Bay
- Woman Gored After Approaching Bison In Yellowstone
- St. Mary Canal Construction in Montana To Continue Despite Coronavirus
- Elon Musk's Latest Venture Could Be New Option For Faster Internet In Rural Maine
- U.S. Pediatricians Call For In-Person School This Fall
- He’s 34 years old and owns $550 million worth of Apple — so why is he hoping the stock gets hammered?
A beautiful sunny day near Joe's Pond recently. Photo by Fred Brown.
This web site is privately owned and maintained for the convenience of Joe's Pond Association membership and the communities of Cabot, Danville, and Walden. The intent is to provide easy access to information about our immediate area and the region where we live. We try to present information to appeal to a variety of internet users such as potential renters or property seekers , historians, and vacationers. We also provide a space for local business people to showcase their products and services. Our Events Page includes not only the activities of the Joe's Pond Association, but also community activities. Not all the "local color" is in our autumn trees - you'll find a good deal of that in the "Local News Blog" where news items, photos and comments by local residents are posted on a daily basis, making it the most active page on the site. JPA is not responsible for appearance or content. Any questions should be directed here.
Iceout and Fireworks
Ice In at Joe's Pond. Photo by Diane Rossi
Before you leave the site, be sure to visit the Ice-Out Contest Page. The Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest tickets are available from July until April, providing fun for thousands of people. Proceeds fund a huge free July Fireworks Display each year - an exciting event you won't want to miss. Check the Events Schedule for the exact date as it changes each year.