Welcome to Joe's Pond Vermont
5/22/2019: Report from President Tom Dente:
"I spoke with GMP about the current pond situation. They informed me that they are aware of the flooding and high level of the pond and have taken all steps to reduce the level. However, it will take about 2 days to return to normal."
If you have an ice out question, click here.
News Items Research contributor: N Thomas Brown
- Waste Heat From Berlin Biomass Plant Will Help Grow Hydroponic Greens
- Concord, Portsmouth To Hold Pro-Bees, Anti-Pesticides Rallies Saturday
- New Champlain Bridge (Montreal) set to open June 3
- Maine becomes 1st state to ban single-use foam containers
- Hanover Residents Will Soon Have Easy Options For Renewable Power, Officials Say
- Vermont loon biologist picks up Zetterstrom award
- Michael Chavis' mad scramble to reach The Show
- What happens when plastic bags are banned in Vermont?
- More whales are hanging out in San Francisco Bay. It may be a bad sign
- How These Little Dogs Help Keep Grizzlies On Their Toes in Montana
This web site is privately owned and maintained for the convenience of Joe's Pond Association membership and the communities of Cabot, Danville, and Walden. The intent is to provide easy access to information about our immediate area and the region where we live. We try to present information to appeal to a variety of internet users such as potential renters or property seekers , historians, and vacationers. We also provide a space for local business people to showcase their products and services. Our Events Page includes not only the activities of the Joe's Pond Association, but also community activities. Not all the "local color" is in our autumn trees - you'll find a good deal of that in the "Local News Blog" where news items, photos and comments by local residents are posted on a daily basis, making it the most active page on the site. JPA is not responsible for appearance or content. Any questions should be directed here.
Iceout and Fireworks
Before you leave the site, be sure to visit the Ice-Out Contest Page. The Joe's Pond Ice-Out Contest tickets are available from July until April, providing fun for thousands of people. Proceeds fund a huge free July Fireworks Display each year - an exciting event you won't want to miss. Check the Events Schedule for the exact date as it changes each year.